|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Kärkkäinen, Markku|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
The aim of the course is to provide students with basic knowledge and skills in the principles and methods involved in project work. Upon competition of the course, students will be competent in:
- analysing prevailing needs for changes in a company or organisation.
- generating initial project ideas.
- creating a project plan and itemizing the quality and quantity of resources.
- utilising their skills in leadership and management.
- applying social skills within and between different project groups.
- assessing different project plans and evaluating both the risks and possibilities pertaining to the success of the project in question.
The total work load of this course equals to 80 hours. The amount of scheduled sudies is 40 hours and part of self-studies also 40 hours.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Goal-oriented development through projects
- Project preparation, planning, and implementation, decision-making
- Principles and procedures of project work
- Project organisation and operations
- Time, resource and cost management in project planning
Recommended or Required Reading
Lecturer´s material, electronic publications, e- books.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Project work, lectures and case studies
A satisfactory grade is reachd by showing the ability to master the fundamentl concepts of project planning and management. A good grade demands a deeper understanding of project nature. This means that the student is also able to solve typical problems occuring in project work. An excellent grade provides a deep and comprehensive understanding of the entity. This is measured by using a challenging problem introduced in the examination.
Examination and exercises