|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Tupamäki, Ismo|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Students will understand industrial processes, instrumentation diagram drawings and possess the eadiness they need to design industrial control and adjustment systems. Students will be competent in using the more common methods of measurement used in industry and be capable of planning, measuring and installing instruments for industrial processes. They will also be competent in selecting measurement and control instruments and plan the installation, purchase and startup of them.
Total work load of the course: 80h,
- of which scheduled studies 40 h
- of which self-access learning 40 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Automation Technology basic courses
- Basic concepts of industrial instrumentation
- Principles of instrumentation and measurement technology
- Dimensioning adjustment valves
- Common industrial measurements
- Instrument installation and field engineering for industrial processes
- Instrumentation diagrams and documents
- Maintenance documents and how to make them
Recommended or Required Reading
To be announced at the beginning of each lesson by teacher.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, exercises and laboratory work
1 Student knows the basics of the course.
3 Student knows the contents of the course well.
5 Student knows the contents of the course well and can apply their knowledge in practice.
- Group work in the lab