|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Pihlajaniemi, Tapio|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Students will further their oral and written English skills as well as their skills in communication and business correspondence. They will become familiar with more demanding types of texts and literature in the field of automation engineering and be competent in using field-related terminology both when writing and when speaking.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Business correspondence
- Some terminology associated with business
- Finding information from IT texts and processing it
- Oral and written summaries
- Field-related oral presentation
- Textbook texts
- Trade fairs
- Process descriptions
Recommended or Required Reading
-Isaacs, Palmroth, Rasimus, Rönkä: Engineer your English. Edita. Latest edition.
- Field-related texts and other material
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Oral and written assignments and exercises in pairs and groups, and independent study
1 Student knows the basics of the course.
3 Student knows the contents of the course well.
5 Student knows the contents of the course well and can apply their knowledge in practice.
- Active participation in the lectures and assignments
- Oral presentation and written examination
- Command of vocabulary and other exercises required during the course