Networking, routers and routing basics
|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Anttonen, Alpo|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will be competent in command of the basic configuration of routers and understand the principles behind routing.
Total work load of the course: 80 h
- of which scheduled studies: 40 h
- of which autonomous studies: 40 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Router configuration
- Router protocols and protocols to be routed
- Distance vector and Link state protocols
- Features, maintenance and use of an IOS operating system
- Static and dynamic routing
- Access lists
- HSRP protocol
- Error messages for TCP/IP addresses
Recommended or Required Reading
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
5 Students are able to commendable rate issues and know how to apply them.
4 -3 Students are able to rate the key issues
2- 1 Students are able to rate the basics.
Exam and exercises