|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||4.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Pakkanen, Jarkko|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- be knowledgeable of various types of robots
- will be capable of inspecting robots and know how to use robots in factory automation and other areas where robotics are used.
- understand the structure, properties, co-ordinates of robots, as well as the peripheral devices used in robots.
- be competent in handling and programming industrial robots using online and offline methods of programming.
- be competent in designing and selecting robots and peripheral devices for the automatic handling of products.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Types of robots
- Mechanical structure of industrial robots
- Control systems, properties, co-ordinates, and peripheral devices
- Handling an ABB industrial robot, online and offline programming
- Handling a Motoma robot, online programming
- Handling robots and programming exercises in the laboratory
Recommended or Required Reading
- Lecturer's material
- Demonstrations during lectures
- Product and programming manuals
- Kuivanen R.: Robotiikka, Suomen Robottiyhdistys Ry
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, assignments and independent study
Satisfactory (1...2): The student knows and understands to a basic concepts in robotics. The student is able to program simple movement command to ABB robot.
Good (3...4): The student knows and understands to a basic concepts in robotics. The student is able to program simple movement command to ABB robot. The student is able to combine the accumulated knowledge in basic laboratory exercises.
Excellent (5): The student knows and understands to a basic concepts in robotics. The student is able to program ABB and Motoman robots by using On- and Off-line programming methods.
Written examination/assignments: 70/30