Material engineering laboratory work
|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||4.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Pajula, Jukka|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will competent in:
- designing and manufacturing a product while considering the demands of the product and manufacturing.
- recognising requirements of standards for a product.
- independently carrying out research.
Total work load of the course 108 h, scheduled studies 48, autonomous studies 60 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Designing, drawing, dimensioning and manufacturing a product
- Independent use of the machines in an engineering shop
- Making samples and analysing them
Recommended or Required Reading
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, assignments and independent study
Grading will be announced during the course.
- Active participation in lessons