|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||4.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Estlander, Ilkka|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will
- understand phenomena pertaining to vibration and their significance in mechanical engineering.
- understand basics of using of CAD/FEM software in dynamic analyses of structures.
In addition student will strengthen design and machine safety competences.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- mathematical illustrations of vibration
- vibrations of one degree of freedom
- vibrations of many degrees of freedom
- natural frequencies and natural modes
- earthquake design according to SFS-EN 1998-1
Recommended or Required Reading
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures and exercises
Satisfactory (1-2): Student knows the basics principals of the course and is able to utilize them.
Good (3-4): Student knows the knowledge objectives of the course well and is cabable to conceive connections between learned issues
Excellent (5): Student knows the knowledge objectives of the course excellent and is able to evaluate and validate content of course
Examination and exercises