|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Pajula, Jukka|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will
- understand the basic concepts of polymer chemistry.
- be familiar with the more common engineering plastics.
- know the technical characteristics of plastics and the areas of application.
Total work load of the course 81 h, scheduled studies 40 and autonomomous studies 41 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Structure of plastics
- Physical and mechanical characteristics of plastics
- Manufacturing, machining and bonding plastics
- Areas of application
Recommended or Required Reading
To be announced at the beginning of the course.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, exercises, seminar work and independent study
Grading will be announced during the course.
Written examination, seminar work and laboratory work