Material technique 2
|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||4.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Pajula, Jukka|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will
- understand the destructive and non-destructive inspection and examination procedures for metals.
- understand the principles associated with shaping sheet metall
- know how to coat steel surfaces.
- be knowledgeable of superplastic materials.
- be knowledgeable of various structural steels.
Total work load of the course 108 h: of which scheduled studies 48 h, autonomous studies 60 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Shaping metals
- Planning the shaping sheet metal
- Examining metals, damage analysis
- Hardening of steel
- Aluminium alloys
- Steel grades, coating
- Properties of super-plastic and materials
- Materials standards
- Construction materials for automobile chassis
Recommended or Required Reading
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures, exercises and independent study
Grading will be announced during the course.