|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Heiskanen, Heikki|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will
- understand the significance of quality in the operations of a company.
- understand the more common philosophies and consepts of quality.
- know the principals of continuous improvement and the improvement of quality.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Significance of quality
- Quality management
- Quality control manuals
- Quality control costs
- Influence of quality on society
- Countinuous improvement of quality
- Quality standards and quality awards criteria
Recommended or Required Reading
- Laatu yrityksen menestystekijänä. Lecklin Olli
- Lecture material
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
- Group work
- Independent study
1 Student knows the basics of the knowledge objectives of the course.
3 Student knows the knowledge objectives of the course well.
5 Student knows the knowledge objectives of the course well and can apply their knowledge in practice.
- Active participation in the lessons