Computer aided mathematics
|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Mikkonen, Pasi|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will
- understand the mathematical functions in the Excel programme.
- understand the basics of the Matlab programme.
- be able to applying the above-mentioned methods in their Professional Studies and practical problems in the working world.
Total work load of the course: 80 h
- of which scheduled studies: 48 h
- of which autonomous studies: 32 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Statistical indicators
- Graphic presentations
- Basics of the Matlab programme
- Matlab programming
Recommended or Required Reading
To be announced at the beginning of the course.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
- Lectures and computer exercises 48 h
- Independent study
excellent (5): student can use matlab and excel excellently
good (3-4): student can use matlab and excel well
satisfactory (1-2): student knows the basics of matlab and excel