|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Vuokila, Anne|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will be competent in writing summaries. They will understand advanced texts and the vocabulary in them and know ho to briefly summarize their contents either orally or in writing. Students will understand the job application process and be able to write application letters and CVs.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Reading and writing technology-related texts
- Writing the abstract for a thesis
- Making a CV and writing a job application
- Field-related texts
Recommended or Required Reading
- Isaacs, Palmroth, Rasimus, Rönkä: Engineer Your English. Edita
- Other material
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
- Listening comprehension
- Oral and written exercises in pairs and in groups
- Independent study
Grading will be announced during the course.
- Active participation in the lectures
- Oral and written examinations