Dairy technology 2
|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||2.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Alarinta, Jarmo|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, the student will
- learn how to build a milk procesess about unit operations
- be able to understand the manufacturing processes connections to the production technology
- be able to evaluate the ingredients and process steps of the effects of the characteristics of the finished product and know how to make the changes necessary for product quality in manufacturing processes.
Total work load of the course: 52 h
- of which scheduled studies: 24 h
- of which autonomous studies: 28 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Dairy technology 1
Building-blocks of dairy processing
- Heat exchangers
- Centrifugal separators and milk fat standardisation systems
- Membrane filters
- Pipes, valves and fittings
- Service systems
- Special dairy products
Recommended or Required Reading
Lecturer's material. Bylund, G. 2003. Dairy Processing Handbook. Second revised edition. Tetra Pak Processing System Ab. 452 p.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Luennot ja harjoitukset
Satisfactory (1...2): The student knows and understands to a basic concepts and methods of dairy technology, and is able to apply them to usual problems.
Good (3...4): The student is familiar with the concepts and methods of dairy technology, and is able to apply them to different types of problems. The student is able to combine the accumulated knowledge and skills with previous experiences in the subject.
Excellent (5): The student is familiar with the concepts and methods of dairy technology, and is able to apply them to a variety of different problems. The student has demonstrated creativity and innovation, and is able to find new meanings when applying what they have learned.