|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||4.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Alarinta, Jarmo|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, students will
- be familiar with various types of robots
- be capable of inspecting robots
- know how to use robots in factory automation and other areas where robotics are used
- be familiar with the structure, properties, co-ordinations of robots, as well as the additional devices used in robots
- be competent in handling and programming industrial robots using online and offline methods of programming
- be competent in designing and selecting devices for the automatic handling of products.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
Basics of automation and Process automation
- Types of robots
- Mechanical structure of industrial robots
- Control systems, properties, co-ordinations, and additional devices
- Handling an ABB industrial robot, online and offline programming
- Handling a Motoma robot, online programming
- Handling robots and programming exercises in the laboratory.
Recommended or Required Reading
- Lecturer's material
- Demonstrations during lectures
- Product and programming manuals from importers
- Kuivanen R. Robotiikka. Suomen Robottiyhdistys Ry
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures and assignments, independent study
Rating 1 Students master the learning outcomes satisfactorily.
Rating 3 Students master the learning outcomes as well.
Rating 5 Students master the learning outcomes to be commended.
Approve assignments and examination