Machine engineering and safety
|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Alarinta, Jarmo|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, the student will
- be able to define the critical points for food safety and hygiene of the food machines
- be able to produce a requirements specification for the machine designer
- be able to apply standards for hygiene requirements of food processing machinery and machine safety.
Total work load of the course: 80 h
- of which scheduled studies: 40 h
- of which autonomous studies: 40 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Safety requirements in machanical engineering
- Special requirement of machines used in the food industry
- Hygiene requirements of food processing machinery
- Materials made of metal
- Choosing materials and processing methods
- Common work methods used in making machine parts
- Fixed, detachable and flexible jointing
- Methods of power transmission
Recommended or Required Reading
To be announced during the course.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures and asignments
Satisfactory (1...2): The student knows and understands to a basic concepts and methods of topics, and is able to apply them to usual problems.
Good (3...4): The student is familiar with the concepts and methods of topics, and is able to apply them to different types of problems. The student is able to combine the accumulated knowledge and skills with previous experiences in the subject.
Excellent (5): The student is familiar with the concepts and methods of topics, and is able to apply them to a variety of different problems. The student has demonstrated creativity and innovation, and is able to find new meanings when applying what they have learned.
Exam and approved assignment