|Structure Type: ||Course|
|Credits: ||3.0 points|
|Responsible Teacher: ||Alarinta, Jarmo|
|Language of Instruction: ||Finnish|
Course Implementations, Planned Year of Study and Semester
|Curriculum  ||Semester  ||Credits  ||Start of Semester  ||End of Semester|
Upon completion of the course, the student will
- Be able to use the tools needed in management and acquire readiness in functioning as a supervisor
- have capacity to act as a supervisor
- know legislation and agreements pertaining to management work.
Total work load of the course: 80 h
- of which scheduled studies: 40 h
- of which autonomous studies: 40 h
Prerequisites / Recommended Optional Courses
No previous studies are required.
- Scope of management work
- Duties of supervisors
- How to take over duties of supervisor
- Legislation and agreements pertaining to management work
- Managing a unit
- Motivation and rewards
- Recruitment and orientation
- Termination of an employment relationship.
Recommended or Required Reading
Hyppänen R. 2007. Esimiesosaaminen - Liiketoiminnan menestystekijä, Helsinki: Edita Oy.
Mode of Delivery / Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods
Lectures and assignments
Satisfactory (1...2): The student knows and understands to a satisfactory extent the leadership methods, and is able to apply them to usual problems.
Good (3...4): The student is familiar with the concepts leadership methods, and is able to apply them to different types of problems. The student is able to combine the accumulated knowledge and skills with previous experiences in the subject.
Excellent (5): The student is familiar with the leadership methods, and is able to apply them to a variety of different problems. The student has demonstrated creativity and innovation, and is able to find new meanings when applying what they have learned.
Exam and assignments